RE: weighted credit

---------

From: Kathy Tickner (ktickner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 08:19:46 PST

It's interesting that this subject came up. I just read in the Contra Costa
Times, a big SF Bay Area paper, that as of January 1, a bill passed through
CA legislature, that AP classes will no longer have Weighted grades, unless
PRE-APPROVED and REGISTERED WITH The University and State College systems of
California. People are throwing a fit, because, kids who are already in
honors AP classes, won't get the weighted grade they think they are going to
get. So, a parent's group is currently lobbying the legislature to have the
law go into effect after this school year is over instead of in the middle
of the year. You can find this article by going to HotCocoa.com, and looking
for the CCTimes newspaper.
Kathy Tickner