RE: weighted classes--long response

---------

From: Berg, Renee (Renee.Berg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 06:45:58 PST

I've read with interest the push for students to take more math and science
to get into college. A few years back I had a student accepted into West
Point and when he came back for a visit he told us that the review board was
swayed by his art portfolio. It showed he was a creative problem solver,
well rounded, and could communicate well.
 Bergie

6th,7th Art and 8th grade Art Tech
Mitchell Public Schools
Mitchell, SD