Re: Photos of Timbuktu and Dogon, final Travelogue section

---------

From: melissa (melissa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 23:52:35 PST

On 2/2/02 11:17 PM, "Woody Duncan" <wduncan@kc.rr.com> wrote:

> Melissa,
> Thank you so very much for the photo/slide show from
> Timbuktu. You have expanded my view of Africa. I hope that
> "final Travelogue section" does not mean we we never see
> your travel photos again.
> A Fan, Woody in KC

Woody,
Actually I have one more part to send. I forgot to change the subject
heading after realizing that I didn't send the Dogon section. So you will
get more anyway! I plan on getting my photos taken with my APS camera as
soon as I get to the US. I had planned on leaving on the 22nd to go to a
recruitment fair in Iowa, but those plans might change due to the fact that
I have had some pretty lengthy phone interviews with a school in Hong Kong.
Wish me luck!

Mali just won their soccer match yesterday, putting them in the
quarterfinals for the Africa Cup. It's a big thing, especially since Mali is
hosting the tournament this year - kinda like the Olympics in terms of
importance, preparation, etc.

I looked at your photos of the Ice storm. Growing up in Wisconsin, I can
relate to those photos. Incredibly beautiful to witness, but terrible if you
have to be outside and deal with that ice. I especially like the ice
glistening off the trees and reflecting light on the snow. I remember going
sled riding down one of the hills on our farm. With a thin layer of ice, it
was REALLY fast going down the hill!

Have fun at the NAEA conference. I miss not being able to go to those!

Melissa

---