Re: clay

---------

From: Jerry & Anne Carman-Hendel (hendel_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 20:55:38 PST

   I've made stacked pinch pots on a base with 2nd grade. In 3rd grade
we've made picture frames and I've taken a photo of each student to go in
the frame. I've also made slab hand dishes with the 3rd grade. If they
curve the fingers up it can be used on a dresser, to hold the remote
control, to hold soap---the kids love to come up with ideas. Sometimes
they want the hands to use sign language. I've made wall pockets with 4th
grade and think that would work for 3rd, too.
  Hope that helps.

Anne C-H in IL

At 06:46 PM 02/03/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I need a new project for 2nd and 3rd graders (different for each grade)
>using clay. We've made masks, clay fish, and clay suns in the past. I
>want to try something new, but I'm drawing a blank. Any one doing
>something with this level that worked well?
>
>Lin
>

>---

---