Re: Red glaze

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 17:27:17 PST

In a message dated 02/03/2002 7:37:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
SZim52@aol.com writes:

> If you do use red glaze ... I find placement in the kiln is important and...
> luck.
> I have had alot of white on the red glaze?
> Anybody have other suggestions?

Shari, if you can, I suggest firing the reds separately- NEVER put red glazed
clay next to green glazed clay. I also don't let my kids use both reds and
greens on the same piece. Put all the red glazed clay on the bottom of the
kiln. Since I have been firing this way, I have not had a problem. Reds are
clear. Susan on Long Island

---