saving money in the school district

---------

From: Jeryl W. Hollingworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 17:16:40 PST

for the person asking about ideas for saving money in the budget
crunch... here are some things our district is doing.
    turning off 50% of the lights ex. we have two light switches and one
of them has been taped over.( a kindie entering my room this week said,
Oh your lights are broken too-so are Mrs. Echols) this actually hasn't
been too bad-the kids are more calm without really bright lights
   no substitutes -all subbing must be handled within the school
building (aides, guidance counselor, computer teacher, principal etc..)
   all teams must have the coach drive their buses
    no more homework centers after school, summer school is being cut
from 3 weeks to 2
    and our personal favorite -they are cancelling the fine arts
festival held on a Sat. each spring
                Jeryl

---