Re: clay

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 16:46:11 PST

Hi Artie,

    For my little ones I use the "tickle the clay with your fingernail or
tool first, then slop on the slip, join the pieces, tickle some more at the
joint then massage the slip til the shine disappears into the clay"
technique of welding clay pieces. It works for us and the kids have a good
giggle.

            Ann-on-y-mouse

> Does anyone have a "welding clay for idiots" lesson plan they would share?
> I do the slash and slip one, but the kids dont seem to get it very well.
> Are there other ways?
> Artie

---