easy clay project - 2nd/3rd graders

---------

From: Judy Decker (Jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 16:15:57 PST

A very easy project I did with second graders were pocket pots.
We did this as a lesson in textures. I had all sorts of gadgets, stamps,
laces, potato bags -- kids shoes ---etc.
Clay is rolled out into an oblong shape. Texture one half of the slab - cut
edge straight - fold up- with texture on the outside. Score and slip sides.
This leaves a rounded top of pocket top. Texture the top portion and put a
hole in for hanging. Put a small rolled up cardboard in pocket to keep it
from collapsing. This was a one class period lesson.to form -- took one
class period to glaze. A variation of this could be slipper like shoes.

Judy Decker

---