Cost Saving Measures

---------

From: Valerie Pientka (vpientka_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 23:18:13 PST

We just went through a thorough examination of our spending procedures to
try and save money in our school district budget. Our list generaed:
cutting contingency funds in budget, charging anyone who uses our school
buildings for events, including park district, boy/girl scouts, etc.,
eliminating any funding of subs for anything but sick/personal days
(including grant money), eliminate any activity buses; cut back any
non-classified personnel, charge to the fullest amount for lunch room -in
Illinois we can charge for lunchroom supervision and pass along the cost to
parents through lunch prices; charge for all consumable workbooks; pay to
play; reduce classroom expenditures by 5%, look at administrative meeting
expenses and reduce/eliminate.
Good luck. I know how difficult this is. I feel the "nip" just behind my
art program.