Re: Honors Classes...starting in mid. school

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 14:20:28 PST

Ha! Over ten years ago I heard parents, upon registering their child for
Kindergarten, asking whether the child was going to be placed in the upper
third of her class academically. That evil stress on our children is
starting right down here in the foundation. The "real" things school
districts say elementary children should be learning are called the "Core
Subjects." And it's what can be tested that counts.
Yes, it is really scary.

               Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                   Defiantly unreal and uncore :-)

from Bunki.....Would you believe I'm seeing it in middle school too?
It's really scary. I just wonder where the trend will take us in the long
run? I would hate being a child of one of these stressful parents.
Toodles.....Bunki ---

---