Re: glaze fire

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 18:44:49 PST

I am not an expert in glazing, but the simple glazing projects I've done with my students the only big difference is to make sure you put each project on a stilt, don't glaze the bottoms, and don't let anything touch in the kiln. I always make sure when I buy glazes that it is cone 05. I also tell my students that reds are only for lucky people in my 30+ year old kiln! :-)
~Michal

  I need to do a glaze fire and I've never done one before. Is it the same as a normal firing, or is it different? We just got enough for a clear glaze this year and I want to do a glaze fire, I just don't know if it's the same or different. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.