Letter Jacket in Art?

---------

From: Justin Kramer (justkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 16:00:57 PST

on 3/2/02 3:36 AM, Dennis Freeman at freemad@wyoming.com wrote:

> on 2/1/02 8:17 AM, Deborah Wheeler at dwheeler@andrews.esc18.net wrote:
> Does anyone have a statewide program or
>> ANY program in effect where the visual arts are included in the
>> academic/athletic lettering process? I'd like to see how other states handle
>> this.
>>
>> Thanks!!! Deb Wheeler

Please could someone offer an explaining for a "letter jacket". We in
australia do not part take in this practice and I trying to work out from an
outsiders point-of-view what this is practice is all about. At the moment I
am getting an impression that students get a material letter to to sew onto
a jacket? Surely there has to be more to it. It is just an academic
"elitist" trademark for particular subjects? Please explain.

Justin in the tropical north of australia

P.S. Idea of a winter ice storm is very attractive and seductive -
especially as we are all escaping the tropical heat here for aircon.

---