Stella guessing game

---------

From: Heather Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 11:36:37 PST

Hi,
I just got a link for a neat online lesson about Frank Stella's "Jarama
II." It is from the National Gallery of Art and is a guessing game that
leads you through analyzing the piece. There is an art making activity
at the end. I think I will try it with my middle school kids- have them
make an abstract construction that represents the movement/speed/feeling
in a sport. We'll use cardboard and cut pieces and paint them with
patterns and glue them together. Maybe do it with partners.

Here is the link.
http://www.nga.gov/kids/stella/stella1.htm
Happy weekend everyone,
Heather