Re: Lesson plans

---------

From: Marcia Scurfield (mkscurfield_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 11:15:29 PST

Hi Jill,

My budget, not wonderful in the first place, will be cut 5% next year, along with things like teacher salaries--across the board 5% cut (hope I have a job next year!)

Why a third program? Pure insanity? Actually I was doing a test to see who I liked the best. I have two schools and did Square 1 with both school's 4th and 5th grades, Original Works with one school's K-2nd grades and Art to Remember with the other school's 1st-2nd grades. I especially liked the variety of items to order from Square 1. My kids went for the CD cases. Numerous $50 orders to get the ceramic bank, but some disappointment that the designs were stickers and not fired into the clay. What did they want for free? Still, the fired ceramic designs were so gorgeous, I wonder if it would be cost prohibitive to make the banks with fired on designs?

All three companies were excellent to work with! While it was a fair amount of work to coordinate, I highly recommend this win/win situation. Parents get quality items with their student's art work and the art department gets much needed funds!

Marcia