Re: Earning a Letter Jacket in Art

---------

From: Dennis Freeman (freemad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 09:36:03 PST

on 2/1/02 8:17 AM, Deborah Wheeler at dwheeler@andrews.esc18.net wrote:
 Does anyone have a statewide program or
> ANY program in effect where the visual arts are included in the
> academic/athletic lettering process? I'd like to see how other states handle
> this.
>
> Thanks!!! Deb Wheeler

Deb - We don't have any state-wide policy here in Wyoming, but we do award
letters at my school for art. We have custom-designed chenille letters that
are awarded for 3 "points". Students can get points for art being published
in the calendars / note cards we do each year, for holding an office in the
art club, winning state or regional contests, winning ribbons at our state
art symposium or other achevements agreed upon by the art staff. The kids
love these things!
Dennis in Wyo.

---