Ken's website.....We've been asked the same thing - to come up with ideas to save money. I immediately started filling out ideas, but would love more! Here's what I've come up with so far:
* pay to play (sports)
* coaches drive vans to sporting events (eliminates bus driver pay for games)
* cut back on paras
* school fund raisers for field trips
* add 1.5 hours on to the school day and only go 4 days
* eliminate services that include a middle man (in our case we hire a cleaning contractor)
* copy machines and printers - we seem to have an unbelievable amount of paper in the recycle bins - there needs to be some guidelines to reduce waste
Well, that's my ideas off the top of my head. While all of these are appropriate for MY school, they may not be for someone else's. How about everyone sharing so we can safeguard our jobs! :-)
Does anybody have any suggestions for saving money for a school district that is cutting back. My superintendant has ask all of us, in my school district, to put on our thinking caps to come up with any plans to save money. Someone had suggested that his/her school district is no longer hiring subs but, that they use teachers from within to fill the void. Any suggestions would be appreciated.. as a art teacher my area "the Arts" is usually the first ones to be cut.
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.314 / Virus Database: 175 - Release Date: 1/11/02