acrylic paintings- 5th grade

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 05:35:41 PST

I have inherited a lot of acrylic painting supplies-- paint in tubes, acrylic
medium, brushes, small palettes-- and want use some with my fifth graders
because I think even the sight of these materials will get them excited. It
looks a lot more like real artist stuff than tempera in a yogurt cup does. Are
these guys too young for an acrylic painting unit? Most of them haven't had
lots of opportunity to use paint in the past, and lots struggled with the
(definitely simple) tempera painting assignment I used as a warm up in the
fall. Can anyone share procedures or a lesson plan?

---