Re: Honors Classes

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 15:22:20 PST

Aust ArtClasses wrote:

> This is mainly for Texas teachers but anyone in other states who can add
> information, it would be greatly appreciated. Next year we are going to
> a system for GPA where Honors and AP classes get the higher points. This
> I am afriad is going to hurt our advanced classes, students will not want
> to take them. We do not have AP in place at this time, working on that
> but I hate to see students who are in level three and four not get the
> credit deserved for advanced classes. Is there information out there that
> I can use to help with the inplementation of higher credits for students
> in upper art classes.

Jackie,

That's really painful. A colleague was just telling me that her
daughter, although she loves music and art, will not take any more
electives because she's itching to become valedictorian, which means
getting all the honors classes she can (it's very competitive at her
school); the electives don't come in Honors flavor.

Is what you're asking for is info for making an Honors class out of your
current classes? If so, I have a list of standards our school uses that
I could send you.

Maggie

---