Re: clay story hazard clarification

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 10:33:31 PST

I tell my students that every medium that I stock in the art
room is safe for students. I tell them that it has all been tested
by a prestigious laboratory. They test it on rats. They feed a
small quantity to 100 rats. If more than 50 rats survive then
it is assumed to be save for children.

I never have a problem with students putting paint or
clay in their mouths after hearing my explanation.

                                                        Woody, Iced in, in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com