Jackson Pollock spellling

---------

From: JIM WITTSTRUCK (JWITTSTRUCK_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 10:27:27 PST

Artsednetters,

I don't want to be a nit picker here, but I can't agree with the dual spelling of this name.

I did a search of internet pages related to "pollack" and went through 15 pages of google search with only one reference to the artist, and that one was from the learned source, "The Theoretical Physics News".

Where are the sources that give this second spelling? Until I see some real evidence of it being so, I'm going to say that there is only ONE way to spell Jackson Pollock!

(Just like the true spelling of Mechelangelo!)

Cleaning my cobwebbed mind on Friday,

Jim W.

<It was posted:

Just and FYI regarding the spelling of Jackson Pollock & Jackson
Pollack..........I have many art and art history books, and his name is
spelled BOTH WAYS! So, excuse all of us who spell his name with an "ack",
instead of "ock" because in many books it is spelled this way.

Kathy Tickner>

Jim Wittstruck
M. W. Savage Elementary
Savage, MN 55044