Re: digest vs individual email

---------

From: Marvin P Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 09:30:26 PST

At 09:26 AM 2/1/02 -0700, you wrote:
>. . . new to this list, but can someone tell me if it is available in digest
>> form as opposed to individual emails
>Maggie

Yes, you can change it, or you can unsubscribe, then subscribe again being
careful to select the digest form.
        For what it is worth, don't use the digest it you can use filters with
your e-mail program. I use Eudora and it has a feature that allows me to
filter messages into unique mailboxes as they come to my computer. I have
over 30 different mail boxes that receive mail directly into them (one is
named Junk Mail and gets all the spam mailers that refuse to delete me from
their mailing list). My in-box only gets what is not filtered to another
box. This is huge advantage over using the digest because every message in
by artsednet-box (folder) has its subject showing so I can decide which
ones I wish to read. Formerly, when I got the digest, it took too long to
find the particular messages I was interested in. Hope this works for you.
        You will find "Filters" under one of the word in the top menu of Eudora
(it was named after Eudora Welty, one of the program writer's favorite
authors). If anybody is a Euroda e-mail user and is having trouble setting
this up, send me a note and I can copy my instructions to you. I routinely
send the instructions to my students. The basic Eudora program is free.
http://www.eudora.com/
Marvin

---