Re: Grants for Professional Development

---------

From: Bill Sechler (BillSe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 08:33:23 PST

In California we have Subject Matter Projects and the arts section is called The California Arts Project which has regional offices throughout the state and they are the state sanctioned teacher training groups. Districts may pay directly or seek state grants to pay for the workshops they offer. The California Department of Education Visual and Performing Arts website is listed for your research, maybe your state has a comparable program. I am a Fellows Member of TCAP, meaning I am trained to train teachers at official TCAP workshops and I am a grant writer. At this time I am swamped with a grant deadline and can't share much with you until after March 1st. Check out the web site which has links to these grants, TCAP and their training programs. You may contact me at my private e-mail, Sechlerart@aol.com. Good luck.

http://www.cde.ca.gov/shsd/arts/

---