Earning a Letter Jacket in Art

---------

From: Deborah Wheeler (dwheeler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 07:17:45 PST

Because so many folks receive this as a digest, maybe my first post didn't
catch your eye! So, since I got only one reply, and I really hoped for LOTS
of information, I'm resending it!!!

I live in Texas, and we have a few districts that have a sort of program set
up for high school art students to letter in art. Our UIL doesn't cover Art,
although it does cover theater arts, music and choir. We now have a non UIL
regional/state event in my district. Does anyone have a statewide program or
ANY program in effect where the visual arts are included in the
academic/athletic lettering process? I'd like to see how other states handle
this.

Thanks!!! Deb Wheeler

---