Fourth R means Jobs!

---------

From: BJ Berquist (berquist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 02:11:00 PST

William couldn't have done a better job of lobbying for the fourth r if
I had paid him! This blurb came from the Monday Tech Class discussion
on online teacher portfolios.

WilliamCW says, "he is a chem teacher not an art teacher :> so color
combos shouldn't be held against him"

Join the ArtsSites discussion on the first Thursday of each month for
more information on the Fourth R Initiative. It's not just for arts
jobs...

* ArtsSites - The Fourth "R"
4:00-5:00pm PST/7:00-8:00pm EST
Arts educators are needed more than ever in our schools. Without "art"
skills, our students run the risk of being functionally illiterate in a
multimedia culture in which 4th R literacy translates into life options
and economic opportunity. Even "the many misguided" who have looked at
art as a nice but fluffy add-on only if there is money in the curriculum
need to understand that this era has come to an end. There is a very
practical side to having 4th R literacy: Art jobs. Join the Fourth R
initiative by visiting http://www2.jun.alaska.edu/edtech/fourthr/

Respectfully submitted,
BJ Berquist
Associate Educator, TAPPED IN