Symbolism of Color

---------

From: The Erickson's (Jorgen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 08:03:07 PST

Does anyone have a list of the most common symbolism of different colors?

We (6th grade) are doing a self-portrait in the abstract or cubistic style.
One thing the students have been interested in is hiding various aspects of
their personality in the portrait in an abstract way. We are getting ready
to add color and I thought it would be fun to give them a list of colors and
symbolism so that they could include that if they choose to.

Example: white= friendship, purity, what else?
gold=royalty, exhaltation, what else?

---