RE: finger printing

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 20:32:59 PST

Woody,
        It was my understanding that this particular program uses the takes the
fingerprints and runs them through a math program. The resulting numbers
were then used to id students, when they touched a fingerprint scanner in
the lunch line. According to the company the numbers can not be reconfigured
to form a fingerprint the program just uses points not the whole print, and
when the child puts their thumb on the scanner it erases the previous
child's thumbprint from the computer.

Kimberly Herbert (kimberly@wcc.net)
CAM Administrator