Re: get boys busy on grafitti wall project

---------

From: Teri Brudnak (tbrudnak_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 11:10:20 PST

Subject: special ed. art
From: MRJWITZ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 08:59:58 EST

Hi everyone..I need help desparately
I have a spec. ed. class of 9 boys (9-11). they are very negative and
at
eachother always. I need some projects todo with them that will be NOT
frustrating but interesting enough to keep them on task. ANY IDEAS.

Robin

Hey Robin,
My gut feeling about this group is that they need to work together on
something. Get a BIG piece of masonite or plywood, a drop cloth and
brushes. You can get left over house paint from any home store (people
order wierd colors and don't pick it up---I've bought it for as little
as $1.00 a pint). Get some paint tinting colors for the paint and have
them work on a grafitti wall together.
You can see more about grafitti art on the ArtCrimes website and there
is a video out called Grafitti Verite...don't know where you can find
it...maybe someone on the list knows.

Good luck...my husband teaches special ed...I hear a lot from him about
how to work with this group.
Teri Brudnak
CDM High School Art Dept.

---