Re: finger printing

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 10:49:43 PST

I read that some schools are finger printing all students for
the lunch program. A company is supplying everything to
test out their system. Each student puts a thumb on an
electronic pad in the lunch line and the computer automatically
deducts from their account. The computer sends letters home
when accounts run low. Is this 1984 or what ? Some of our
schools have cameras in the halls. We only have one at the
front entrance, next to the metal detectors which we don't use.
Personally I don't really care how much information they
collect, since they can't even keep our attendance computer
sheets correct.
                                                Woody in KC
Post #3 today, 7 more to go.

--