Re: Wire/Pantyhose--BRAINSTORM!

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 09:13:01 PST

Hi Sharon, I have used transfers made from acrylic gel to apply to 3d
surfaces==I used to give an assignment where they had to create a 3d
sculture that incorporated transparency. They usually used cardboard
planes with holes in various spots and covered the spots with gel
transfers. The way to attach them is to use more acrylic gel--works
great. Someone was wondering about making giant sculptures--I guess giant
fat lady panty hose would help, but what about buying stretch knit that
comes in a tube??? You could get life-sized. Your problem would be that
you would have to beef up the wire--perhaps you would require some wood or
rod infrastructure. Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko Junior High School #
# 777 Country Club Drive #