Re: Visual Resource Suggestions (K-12)

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 07:38:50 PST

JDecker wrote:

> <snip>
>
> I have ordered slide from Universal Color Slide Co. I have to be
> honest--using slide requires so much organization--that I use my PowerPoint
> images far more...I still get out the slide projector from time to
> time....for maybe one or two images to critique.
>
> Universal Color Slide Co.
> 8450 South Tamiami Trail
> Sarasota, Florida 34238-2936
> 1-800-487-0250

I love using slides more than video as I believe the image quality is so
much better (larger, brighter, more detailed), and you can discuss a
single slide in depth. UCS is a great resource; they have one catalog
of videos, books, slide sets, and another catalog of individual slides,
so you can fill in the holes in your slide collection. Each year before
the conference, I e-mail them beforehand with a wish list of slides I
would like to purchase. They bring them boxed for me to the conference,
where they sell for $2 (instead of $2.50).

To the person whose slides were turning pink, you must be careful how
they are stored. If you are not using steel or archival quality plastic
storage, the colors will indeed shift.

Maggie

---