Re: Wire/Pantyhose--BRAINSTORM!

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 11:07:02 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
************************
As I've thought about the wire and pantyhose sculpture--... :-) ) I started
getting some wild ideas....

In an earlier post, someone suggested using beads or other things on these,
and I wondered what would happen if you made a collage of sorts?
This intrigues me--the thought of doing distorted "self-portraits" by
stretching these "plastic" images so that they follow the contours of the
wire and hose. Glue-gunning them on, I suppose.... Dunno. Still "thinking
out loud"--ha.
I've ALSO been brainstorming ideas with this medium in the fairly recent
past. My ideas have centered around Calder's mobiles. I've been thinking how
I could use the wire, stretch the hose, cover (like with paper mache, wet
plaster) with something that dries hard so you can make a smooth connection
at the end (which would have gone into the wooden base) so it would become
"baseless" and you could manipulate pieces together. One of these days I
just might get 'round to it.

I like your idea too, Sharon. Toodles......Bunki

---