Re: special ed. art

---------

From: Jean Gallagher (jeanalice2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 10:56:07 PST

Robin-I had my 5-6 grade students sand, prime, and paint designs on the old beat
up chairs in the art room. They loved it. I had latex paint donated by the
local independant paint store. Another idea that was popular was Oaxacan (from
Mexico) wood animal sculptures. The students created an animal sculpture out of
small pieces of wood. For construction, we used wood glue and some hot glue guns
(be careful) and I pounded a few nails, the kids primed and then brightly painted
with tempera paints. Turned out really cool. You can find samples of Oaxacan
art on line. Hope the ideas help. Jean in Michigan

---