Re: Student Teacher

---------

From: Rebecca Gartley (gartley_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 09:43:30 PST

Renee,
This is my first year teaching. I teach 1-8th grade. I student taught at all
levels. I personaaly enjoy the middle school age the best. Most of what you
used with the elementary for discipline will work with them-but they will
respond to reason as well. In other words, you won't need to be quite so
structured. You will enjoy how much more they can do in art. They are more
independant but still retain their sweetness-for the most part! Have fun.
Becky

Hi all, I am a graduate student in art education at The Ohio State
University. I am currently doing my student teaching in an elementary
school. I am teaching a wide variety of activities and feel that I am able
to challenge the students and control discipline issues. During spring
quarter I am going to a middle school. I'm a little scared about handling
discipline problems. Any suggestions? I assume it's like elementary in the
sense that you nib things in the bud and follow through with your actions.

Thanks,
Renee

---