2nd Grade Quilts (was "Faith Ringgold...)

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 10:36:41 PST

I am currently doing a "real" quilt with second grade (isn't it funny how we
seem to do similiar projects around the same time?). I have shown them how
to draw native wildflowers and we have drawn these onto fabric squares with
fabric crayons. Our first grade teacher is going to sew these together to
make a king size quilt that we are going to auction off. We are also working
on creating a coloring book using our drawings of wildflowers. Third grade
took the fabric crayons and drew on handkerchiefs to create bandanas, which
I then dyed. Just drawing on fabric was completely motivating for them.
~Michal

> > Ok....I am in dire straights! I have an art show coming up in two
> > weeks....and I have a second grade class that does not have even one
decent
> > piece of flat work to show.

---