KKK in NJ

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 07:42:07 PST

Sorry, your message was not sent out to 'artsednet'.
Your message quotes too many continuous lines of a previous message.

You quoted 72 lines, and this mailing list is set to reject messages
which quote more than 20 continuous lines of a previous message.

Please resubmit your message, this time quoting fewer lines of the

Most people would not connect the KKK with NJ.  Very strong here.  The
town I live in in central Jersey is the headquarters for KKK in this
area.    To counter this and make our history very rich it was also an
important station on the underground RR. Still have tunnels and secret
rooms in barns and houses.
Yes, the KKK is alive and active in NJ.  Actually we hear very little
from them in this area recently.  I have written before how diverse
the community population is in our school.  A sea of color and a
symphony languages, and a festivity of cultures.  KKK has not been
very effective but they are here!
----------
>From: Randy Menninghaus <india99@infi.net>
>Date: Fri, Feb 23, 2001, 7:17 AM
> We have been firing up the little kistkas early this year.  Yesterday a
 <snip> The woman (Suznne) was a
> woman in our school system who quit teaching as a result o a legislated
> bill Maine that forced all teachers to be fingerprinted (in the hopes
> of catching any  pedophiles). This noxious bill took effect 1  1/2 years
> ago.  There are no statistics to says Maine teachers are more abusive
 than any other set.   As a matter of fact ... a year after
implementing
 the bill..... teachers are coming up with half the criminal offense's
 than average Maine citizens.
> OOPS back to Suzanne and the  pskanty.  Suzanne brought a photo of a
> Polish Easter time to yesterday's gathering. Suzanne was 5years old  in
> the photo... and the table had pskanty eggs on it. It was of a gathering
 at her Aunts house. Suzanne explained that her mother was Irish and>
chose NOT to adopt the Polish traditions so her kids would assimilate
 faster into the American culture. Then Suzanne told us of her irish
 mother seeing the KKK putting flaming crosses on the  lawns of irish
 folks in New Jersey.  this conversation really was an eye opener for
me.
> She said the KKK hated anyone not white by the KKK's definition. I never
> knew of this abuse of irish as well.
---