Re: special ed. art

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 06:32:57 PST

Robin,
        Take my ideas with caution, and an eye toward safety.
For motivation, these guys would respond best if they were
making "something" rather than drawing in 2-D only.
My best results are with printing plates and clay sculpture.
But because of carving tools and the temptation to throw stuff
you might not agree. But with the right boundaries set, they
would respond to it well. I'd suggest the new softer printing
material to carve on. With carving and sculpting you reach
these guys inner needs to create. It's a tactile and Kinetic
thing. Boys think easier in spatial ways as well. I'm not a fiber
person but if my suggestions seem to bold try a weaving project. It is
easier to control and is very calming for behavior.
                        Just some thoughts, Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com