Re: I know I am appreciated

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 06:09:10 PST

I know when I am appreciated when students who are transferring
come by to say good-bye or give me a farewell hug even though they
are not in my classes anymore. I can live with the fact that my
principle never says thank you. She believes "we are all professionals
and should be doing a good job without praise." Well, that's her
problem. I make sure I thank her when she does something, I don't
want her philosophy to rub off on me. We should praise our kids often
and model the behavior we expect from others. We get what we give.
                By the way, Thanks to all of you out there, Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com