I know I am appreciated

---------

From: JDecker (JDecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 04:21:46 PST

There is at least one Getty ArtEdTalk List member that tells me so daily
(even when the list was down). The Getty list will keep me teaching for a
lifetime....(or as long as it lasts, Mr. Stone...after that, my own Getty
II....and after that?....well that is too far in the future...Some of you
think I would be a good arts' supervisor/coordinator....but I always just
wanted to teach)

>I hope you all have a chance to be appreciated as I
>was, it will keep you teaching for a lifetime. Rosie

My hubby and I are chuckling a this. When I got the Employee Excellence
Award, my principal praised me by telling my husband that my "late nights
working finally paid off".

Many of you know I was "unfit" to teach for two months this year....long
story....no one needs to know details (but the experience has greatly
improved my teaching and the way I deal with students and parents...and I
have grown spiritually)....Yesterday my principal praised me by saying I was
"doing pretty good"...then he quickly changed it to "Well, OK"...I
thought --"Phew...what a relief! I would hate to be working too hard again!
I won't make THAT mistake again."....He has really made it VERY easy for me
to only be OK at my job. He has told me time and time again that is all he
wants. Now I am giving him what he wants and he is very happy with my
performance (I know...I know...go figure).

I also found that he regrets what he "did" to me. The old Judy used to let
him know via e-mail when staff were upset by something he was doing--or not
doing...I would NEVER give staff names...but I did try to influence too much
of the school environment. Now the only thing I try to influence is my own
little classroom...The rest is up to him. He realized what a mistake that
was this past week....Because he "got in trouble" for something he was doing
wrong....Yes....true to form...we will all "pay" for this little mistake
(and I do not have a problem with that...as I am always willing to help out
another staff member--and HE knows that! Now when we do not have enough subs
in the building--certified teachers will be asked to cover during planning
periods--See?--no big deal for me)....but in the long run it helps me
out--because..now I do not need to find staff to cover my two classes when I
set up for our spring art show! I called one of my co-workers who I knew I
could trust and we both laughed at the irony of it all! Life is grand.

I sure am having a good week end!

Judy Decker

---