A Thank You to the Getty / copy to all

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 04:08:22 PST

Mark,
        Please except a big thank you to all the folks at the Getty
for the fantastic service the ArtsEdNet list serve provides.
Please pass on this grateful thanks to everyone at the Getty.
If we complain from time to time please try to understand that
we have become very dependent upon the list, some of us are
addicted. I know we should all get a life, but teaching our little
cherubs is our life, and chatting with others who really understand
the day to day problems we face is a real help.
        Often we get frantic when we can't get through to our cyber
friends around the world. The Getty is providing a very valuable
service to the art education community by maintaining this list.
Personally, I have grown a good deal as a teacher since being
exposed to this list. The contacts I have made are invaluable.
I can not imagine another way in which this could have taken
place.
        When everything is back in place and working, please send
out a message of assurance to the list that this list serve will
continue to be supported. With each breakdown, the rumors
begin again that the list may be discontinued. Again, I want to
emphasize how essential this service has become. I especially
appreciate your contact with me so I could pass on information
to others who express concern about the list. Somehow I got
appointed an official liaison with the Getty. I thank you for trying
to keep us informed.
                                                Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail