Re: macs & pcs and photoshop

---------

From: John Kupcinski (jckup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 21:38:00 PST

>I taught a unit to my ninth graders last semester (Warhol-style self
>portraits, using a digital camera, and the filter manipulations on
>Photoshop). None had used the program before, but on the end-of-semester
>survey, all agreed that the computer unit should remain a part of the
>course (Art I).

Opps, I forgot to mention the main point, duh. The students were
'learning' the Photoshop program on my classroom Mac (just the one computer
in my room). I had broken it down into small units. The students would
take turns on the computer and complete that day's particular unit, while
the rest were working on a studio project. However, for the main project
-- the Warhol-style portrait -- I took them all up to the computer lab,
which were all PC. It didn't seem to make a difference, (mac vs pcs and
photoshop) except that the PC's (old ones) were slower.

Cheryl

---