Re: macs & pcs and photoshop

---------

From: John Kupcinski (jckup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 20:45:29 PST

Jerry wrote:
>I would choose Corel PhotoPaint any day to Photoshop. I currently run
>both Photoshop >and Photo Paint on my pc and find the Corel product far
>superior to PS inboth ease of >use, price and practical application.

Thanks, Jerry, for your input on this topic. No angst here, and another
point of view is always welcomed.

Another teacher and I are also looking into equipment for a new graphics
room for our school/department. We have submitted our 'wish list' for Mac
G4's and Photoshop. As we mainly foresee our IB students using this
equipment, we based our request on what we understood most graphic artists
are using today. (Someone on this list had written earlier about working
in publishing for many years and that Photoshop and Illustratror were the
industry standards.)

Photoshop is the program I've been learning on my Mac at home. I'm
comfortable enough with it that I taught a unit to my ninth graders last
semester (Warhol-style self portraits, using a digital camera, and the
filter manipulations on Photoshop). None had used the program before, but
on the end-of-semester survey, all agreed that the computer unit should
remain a part of the course (Art I).

My reply isn't quite the "solid ground" that anna was seeking. Perhaps we
(art educators) aren't the ones to pose the question to, being that our
departments are the last ones selected to be equipped with computers. Go
figure!

Just my two cents, anyway.
Cheryl

anna wrote:
>what do most people feel is better to use a mac or pc with photoshop?

---