Re: Help! Need second grade lesson on Faith Ringgold

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 16:22:55 PST

This is going to be the third try sending this. I am having the same
trouble with returned mail as Woody is. Let's see if the "pub" helps.

To Nnaell,

        Collect flat textured materials. Have the students do multiple
layered crayon (use peeled wax crayons) rubbings on white and/or light
colored papers. Cut papers into 3 or 4 inch width strips and use as a
border frame around their drawings. For a name plate they can do a rubbing
of the (pre-drawn) letters in their name. Easy and fun exercise for
primary children. Excellent technique for exhibit or display. Also, if you
can get some of the Fiskars Paper Edgers scissors, the make neat decorative
edges for paper collage projects.
        If the children can handle watercolor paints, a light wash of
watercolor over the crayon rubbings adds another exciting dimension to the
framing border.

                Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

Any ideas??? I need to know by next week so I can get materials if need be!

Ann Heineman....aheinema@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu
Greensview School...Upper Arlington City Schools
(614)487-5050 Box 522
aheineman@uaschools.org

---