Re: Faith Ringgold lesson plan for 2nd grade

---------

From: Angela Chintala (mankala5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 17:34:39 PST

This year our second grade is making a "quilt" from paper and
wallpaper scraps for Women's History month. They each have a square
dedicated to a woman they admire. We'll also listen to Ringgold's Tar
Beach and Valerie Flournoy's The Patchwork Quilt . We began the lesson
this week by discussing quilting traditions and the beautiful "story
quilts" and "crazy quilts" made by African American women. Hope that
helps to give some ideas. Best of luck!
-Angela

---