Re: Powerpoint Questions

---------

From: D. Sterner (dsterner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 17:06:34 PST

woody,
I have used powerpoint 97 and 2000 and input music via the insert tab -
scroll to "movies and sound" scroll more to "sound from file" and navigate
to where you have your sound file (assuming you don't want a clip file from
microsoft). Once the sound is in - you can see the icon in the center of
the slide - you have to select the options for play. Right click on the
sound icon and select "custom animation". There will be tabs for various
selection options - Check "play settings" then check the box that reads
"play using animation order".

The options are your choice after this. Consider the "while playing" option.
I select "continue slide show" as the next frame carries the music over
without interruption. The stop playing option offers you a choice as to
when you want the song to stop. I select the "after" -along with the last
slide number of the presentation for the box that allows this insert.

In that same "custom animation box" there is an option for "more options".
Click that to select "loop until stopped". That will make the music play
until the slide show stops - it might also play again if you have more
slides that the length of the sound file. I generally customize my
powerpoint presentations to the length of the sound file in that I do the
math for a 3 minute wav or MP3 and select the viewing time so all ends in
sequence.

In the "custom animation" selection box there are other tabs to explore:
"timing" is an important one - under the "start animation" I select
"animate" and then "automatically". Then I insert the number of seconds I
need for each slide to display to make the song last for the duration of the
slide show - generally 3 seconds or so.

I hope this helps - I know this feature tortured me in the beginning. I am
happy to save someone the agony! As for the PC/Mac conversion - I am PC
only - SORRY
-=deb=-
PS: given tha nature of the listserv these days, I am CC'ing a copy to you
as well