this is a test

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 04:17:15 PST

Dear ArtsEdTalk folks,

I read Woody's posting on the yahoo group stating that messages were
bouncing back ( still....) Since Yahoo bounces my posting to them...
unless I go and reveal all my information again to yahooo.....I am not
ready to do that.

This is a post from Maine. It is discouraging how unreliable the getty
list has become.

Thank you Woody, for being so helpful in the communications between the
people at Getty. This time I filed your mass mailing . So I have some
of the emails of the most talkative of the net.

Maine has continued to be bitter cold. Today is day 7 of a 9
vacation.. I am hopping into my car today to drive 75 minutes to
Waterville Maine to buy more pskanty kits.

We have been firing up the little kistkas early this year. Yesterday a
Franco-American Art teacher ( Sue) and moi ( double German in my family
tree) taught a 2nd generation Polish woman(suzanne) how to pskanty on
eggs. It was a really interesting afternoon. The woman (Suzanne) was a
woman in our school system who quit teaching as a result of a legislated
bill Maine that forced all teachers to be fingerprinted ( in the hopes
of catching any pedophiles). This noxious bill took effect 1 1/2 years
ago. There are no statistics to says Maine teachers are more abusive
than any other set. As a matter of fact ... a year after implementing
the bill..... teachers are coming up with half the criminal offense's
than average Maine citizens.

OOPS back to Suzanne and the pskanty. Suzanne brought a photo of a
Polish Easter time to yesterday's gathering. Suzanne was 5years old in
the photo... and the table had pskanty eggs on it. It was of a gathering
at her Aunts house. Suzanne explained that her mother was Irish and
chose NOT to adopt the Polish traditions so her kids would assimilate
faster into the American culture. Then Suzanne told us of her irish
mother seeing the KKK putting flaming crosses on the lawns of irish
folks in New Jersey. this conversation really was an eye opener for me.
She saidthe KKK hated anyone not white by the KKK's definition. I never
knew of this abuse of irish as well. I knew Suzanne was extremely vocal
about civil rights. I did not know that Suzanne's Polish dad read the
bill of rights to his kids and they discussed it regularly at the dinner
table. Nor did I know it was for the freedom of that bill that Suzanne's
father came to the U.S..Yesterday helped me better understand why
Suzanne quit her job over this infringement of one of our constitutional
rights.( In Maine they have targeted a particular group for finger
printing. The state governments does not fingerprint priests, or youth
group leaders. So far the bill has not been struck down) I don't have to
under go the finger print humilation until 2003. I truly hope this bill
has been repealed by then. Because teachers who have submitted have
related it was a humiliating experience.

OOPS back to pskanty. Suzanne made a glorious egg. She really felt
re-connected to her past. Which got us so excited that we are driving to
the closest store that carries replacement supplies for pskanty.

I am sure tha many of you know that pskanty is done to counter act the
evil in the world.... You folks need to know we are doing our par
against evil t in central Maine!!!

Now if Getty could just get it's poltergeists under control...

---