Re: macs & pcs and photoshop

---------

From: jerry vilenski (jvilensk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 18:47:30 PST

I know this is going to create a huge degree of angst among those fans of photoshop, but for my money, I would choose Corel Photo
Paint any day to Photoshop. I currently run both Photoshop and Photo Paint on my pc and find the Corel product far superior to PS in
both ease of use, price and practical application. It blends seamlessly with all draw programs, including Illustrator and
Coreldraw. I had heard for years about how PS was the only photo manipulation product worth using so decided to give it a try. So
far, although PS does what it says it will, frankly I don't know what all the fuss is about. What PS offers the user is equaled by
Photopaint for a fraction of the price. Most of what is already included with Photopaint has to be purchased as an extra plugin for
PS, at even greater expense. I recently bought Coreldraw 9 academic suite that includes Photopaint, Corel Draw and Corel Trace for
$120.00. Try beating that with a combination Illustrator/PS package. My budget won't bear it. By the way, I've used both the Mac
and Pc versions of Illustrator and PS...neither has an advantage over the other, and most schools use PCs nowdays. I would like to
hear from other Corel users to see if they have had similar experiences.

Jerry in Michigan

---