New Getty Web Site at www.getty.edu

---------

From: ArtsEdNet Administrator (artsednet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 10:18:54 PST

At NAEA last year, some of you saw a presentation about the new Getty Web
site then under development. I am pleased to announce that this new site
has been launched, and we hope it will provide additional valuable
resources for you and your students.

The new Getty.edu is packed with new content that we hope will be useful
in the classroom: Images of thousands of art objects, artist biographies,
glossary terms, over 200 videos, and information on conservation,
research, grants, and Getty news. The Bookstore allows easy browsing for
books, CD-ROMS, and videos. And you can now make parking, Restaurant, and
event reservations right from the site.

A guided tour of the new site is available from the home page. I hope
you’ll have a chance to look around!

In the fall we will start bringing ArtsEdNet into this new environment.
the educational community will be under development in the coming months.
As the Getty continues to explore ways in which we can help to enrich
education through art, we hope you will visit the site often and let us
know how we are doing.

Vicki Porter
Manager, Web Production
The J. Paul Getty Trust