About the recent unplanned outage of Lyris

---------

From: ArtsEdNet Administrator (artsednet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 10:14:48 PST

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Just a note to let you know that the unplanned outage
of the mailing list that occurred over the weekend and
through Tuesday was just that.

We rolled out our new web site (go see it!
http://www.getty.edu) on Tuesday morning and made some
changes in anticipation. These changes had an
unfortunate side effect in terms of altering the
pointer to the list server; compounding this on
Tuesday was the fact that the new web site moved to a
new machine, and the list server moved to a
*different* machine. Various issues involved with
software licensing and system reconfiguration played a
part in the delay of the system deployment. We're
very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused
you.

Thanks,
Mark Stone
ArtsEdNet List Admin