Re: Scope and sequence-send help!!!!

---------

From: The Erickson's (Jorgen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 04:57:56 PST

Patti,
My school system has done just this. A scope and sequence of when various
things are introduced and when they are mastered. It is Art K-12 and is
exactly 2 and 1/16 inches thick. And they think you can put this together
yourself????

IMHO I find the whole thing extremely confusing as it has many overlapping
areas. I teach 5th and 6th art only and I'm sure it was intended to help me
know what teachers above and below me are doing but it really doesn't do
that.... For example I did a very fun lesson using your name done in 1 point
perspective only to find out part way thru the lesson that 1/2 of my fifth
graders had done it last year in the 4th grade. The other 1/2 feed in from
another school and never had even been introduced to perspective.

Soooo..... once again the system needs refining and the paperwork is merely
that-paper work.

Cindy

---