double posting...some humor

---------

From: JDecker (JDecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 20:30:00 PST

Remember a while back there was a discussion on double---and triple posting?
Well, I never got double posting from the Getty list....but tonight I opened
up my e-mail...and there were three messages from my list friends--all
doubled. I have always thought this was a server problem.... I frequently
get double messages from staff members at our school....Now....here comes
the funny part. My administrators were alarmed yesterday (Feb. 14) at the
number of e-mail I am sending them. The number they have is triple the
number I have saved on my machines! I bet our server is somehow sending them
double or triple messages (I asked them to print them off at my expense so I
can add them to the ones I have). This is just a hoot. I decided to help
them out with this little problem. Now instead of sending them a message via
e-mail---I just print it out and place it in their mailbox--no trouble for
me as I go to the office a couple times a day to check my mailbox. That way
they are sure to get just one message from me (unless---they chose to
photocopy it....hmmmm...I didn't think of that one). I just hate to waste
too much of their time. I am always looking for ways to save them time. Now
they do not need to use their delete key (which apparently they were not
using since they had a count of the number of messages). See how this list
helps me laugh at the ironies in life. You folks are just too good! You even
made my Valentine's Day special.

Judy Decker

P.S. All kidding aside...my administrators are really very good....very kind
and caring...they support my program....and they make me smile ....Besides,
many of you have one that is a whole lot worse. Anytime you want to share an
administrator story---you may e-mail me privately mailto:Jdecker@woh.rr.com

---